Meet the Director: Cynthia Warner-Lowe
Mrs. Warner-Lowe is no stranger when it comes to Education. Her philosophy of life, and her vision of the Hammond Adult Education Program's mission reflects her passion for not only Education, but for people as well.
Phone: 219-933-2419, Ext: 1960
Bachelor of Science in Biology/General Science
Master of Science in Education
Master of Science in Administration and Instruction
Administration and Instruction
I started my educational experience by teaching Biology and General Science at Roosevelt High School and West Side Junior High both located in East Chicago before I ventured to Hammond, where I spent the last 23 years at Hammond High as a biology teacher, dean of students, assistant principal of discipline and assistant principal of curriculum and instruction.
Reading, Shopping and Traveling
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Candace D. Tyler Scholarship Committee
- Influential Woman Association
- Northwest Reinvestment Alliance
- Ophelia Steen Board of Directors
- Saint Mark AME Zion Church
Life is a series of lessons. The desire to learn never ends. Neither should the opportunity. Education is a very important aspect of all our lives. It does not discriminate by race, age or gender.
The mission of the Hammond Adult Program will be to maintain a comprehensive program that will assist its adult learners to complete their educational goals by providing a program that will assist its participants in:
- Establishing a positive self awareness.
- Setting both short and long range goals.
- Helping to acquire the basic necessary literacy skills needed to function as responsible citizens in today's society.
- Offering encouragement to continue their educational journey to completion of the secondary school level with emphasis on continuing beyond the high school level.
- Keeping the adult learner abreast and meeting the employment challenges of the future with the different skills and technological advances.