DISTRICT AND SCHOOL COMMUNICATION
WITH PARENTS AND GUARDIANS
The School City of Hammond is transitioning to ParentSquare for school communication, primarily with email, text and app notifications. ParentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent, using their preferred email address and phone number.
In February you will receive a call from our current notification system, School Messenger introducing ParentSquare. We will be transitioning during February and March to ParentSquare. Parents and Guardians will need to make sure their information in PowerSchool (email, text message number) is correct.
We will send out a message that will include the link to download the ParentSquare App so you can customize it.
We will encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
Here’s what you will be able to do with ParentSquare once we are fully implemented:
- Choose to receive information as it comes or all at once at 6pm daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
- Comment on school postings to engage in your school community
- Direct message teachers, staff and other parents
- Participate in group messages
- Receive messages from the school via email, text or app notification
- Sign forms & permission slips, sign up to volunteer and more all from your phone or web portal
We promise to only send you information closely related to school. You can opt-out at any time. See this document SCH Opt-Out document for more information about opting-out from our communications.