Dental Assisting I & II
Instructor: Kristine Johnson
- Taking and recording medical histories and vital signs
- Preparing patients for dental procedures
- Sterilizing instruments and setting up instrument trays
- Performing chairside, office, and laboratory duties
- Instructing patients in oral hygiene plaque contral programs, and post operative directions.
Second year students spend seven months interning at a local dental office, four days a week.
Length/Credits: 1 - 2 year program, 6 high school credits per year
Open to: Grades 11 and 12