The Hammond Hispanic Community Committee (HHCC) is excited to announce the availability of its 2021-2022 College Scholarship application. The deadline to apply is April 26. Download the application here.
The HHCC provides the following scholarships for eligible students graduating from a Hammond high school:
- Four (4) scholarships in the amount of $1,000, for the attendance at a college or university.
- One (1) scholarship in the amount of $1,000, for attendance to a technical or trade school.
- Applicants must answer and submit the following essay question - in 300 words or fewer - in addition to the application form.
- Response to the essay question must be typed, double-spaced, and no longer than two pages.
- Essay Question: Students in Hammond, Indiana take an active role in improving their community, whether in their school, civic duty, or throughout the city. Their actions, small or large, work to positively impact the lives of others. Share one contribution you have made to your family, school, friend group, or another community that surrounds you.
- Applicants must:
- Be 2020-2021 graduating seniors from a Hammond high school and a current resident of the City of Hammond.
- Be of Latino/Hispanic heritage.
- Have a 3.0 GPA if planning to attend a college or university, or a 2.5 GPA if planning to attend a trade or technical school/medical accreditation.
- Submit an original, sealed official transcript documenting GPA.
- Submit a copy of their college/university or trade/technical school acceptance letter.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a non-family member (principal, teacher, guidance counselor, employer, community member, or mentor).
- Submit a list of all extracurricular activities, awards, and/or jobs.
How to submit
- Applications should be submitted directly to the high school counselor, who will be responsible for submitting the applications to Mrs. Deborah A. Trevino.
- If sending through the U.S. or school mail, all applications should be sent to:
George Rogers Clark High School
c/o Mrs. Deborah A. Trevino
1921 Davis Avenue
Whiting, IN 46394