All Area Career Center students are encouraged to participate in the Work Ethics Certification.
Why Work Ethic Certification?
- Employers have indicated that mastery of Work Ethic Skills is one of the top characteristics needed in employees.
One of the fundamental goals of Northwest Indiana Workforce Board is to produce an emerging workforce that has the 21st Century skills needed to face the challenges of a global marketplace
What is the Work Ethic Certification?
- A filter for employers when hiring or selecting candidates
- A common identifiable metric of work habits
- A credential demonstrating knowledge of skills, abilities and commitment to work
- Development of needed behavioral characteristics in emerging workforce
Who is eligible to earn a Work Ethic Certificate?
- High school students who demonstrate mastery of 10 employer expectations (see Employer Expectations File)
Student Steps to Participate
- Complete online "Intent to Participate" form by October 27, 2021 (see link above)
- Receive "Student Evaluation," "Adult Evaluation," and "Community Service" forms
- Complete "BEG" column of "Student Evaluation" (By November 2021)
- Identify 4 adult evaluators
- Begin completing 6 hours of community service
- Complete "MID" column of "Student Evaluation" (In January 2022)
- Deliver and collect 4 adult evaluations
- Complete "END" column of "Student Evaluation" (In April 2022)
- Submit: "Student Evaluation," "Adult Evaluation," and "Community Service" forms to instructor (By April 8, 2022)