**Our NEW online** free/reduced meal application is now available. Please click here to APPLY
Click Here To View the PDF File.
“March into Success”
February 28-April 11, 2014
The Indiana Department of Education has given districts the option to make up lost instructional time due to recent school closures. We will be adding additional time to the school day rather than adding days at the end of the school year in June. Therefore, from February 28th to April 11th, the school day for students will be as follows:
Elementary 9:10 am to 3:45 pm
Secondary 7:20 am to 2:56 pm
In addition to a longer instructional day we will institute “Breakfast in the Classroom” for grades K-12. All students will be fed at no cost. This is a great way to start the day. Students who begin the school day with a meal, ensures they will be focused on their school work and ready to learn. This is an asset as we begin statewide testing.
Students will be in school on Wednesday, March 5th.
Students will NOT be in attendance on Monday, March 10th-due to a Teacher Work Day
Graduation will be on Friday, June 6th at 7:00 pm.
- All middle and high school bus routes will begin 15 minutes earlier than the original schedule
- Special Ed Preschool-all morning classes will meet on Fridays from March 7th to April 11th from 9:10am -11:15 am
- PACT Preschool Programs will extend programs 15 minutes earlier and go 15 minutes longer
- Morning Headstart students meet on March 14, April 4 and April 24th
- ALL Headstart students will meet on March 21,28, June 2,3 and 4th
- Career and Technical Education classes will remain unchanged.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact your child’s building principal.
is the policy of the School City of Hammond not to discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age or handicap
in its programs as required by the Indiana Civil Rights Act (I.C. 22-9.1),
Title VI and VII (Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX (Educational Amendments),
and Section 504 (Rehabilitation Act of 1973).
usted necesita información acerca del School City of Hammond
(las escuelas públicas de Hammond), de alguna escuela de nuestro
distrito en particular, o de algún programa en español
u otro idioma, por favor, llame a nuestro departamento de educación
bilingüe si necesita ayuda al (219) 933-2455.
images used herein were obtained from IMSI's Clipart&More collection
100 Rowland Way, Novato, CA 94945, USA.